Le Relais is a day shelter operated by the Lake O’Hara Trails Club, in cooperation with the Lake O’Hara Lodge and Parks Canada. The Club operates Le Relais as a service to area visitors, and as such, our goal is to keep it revenue neutral – i.e., we don’t make a profit.
It is a friendly and welcoming arrival point for visitors to the Lake O’Hara area, and is staffed daily from 8:30am to 6:30pm during the summer. Visit Le Relais to find:
- Reasonably priced coffee, tea and snacks. (Try the carrot cake if you get there before it’s gone!)
- Lake O’Hara trail maps. Lake O’Hara Trails Club and Parks Canada have subsidized the production of a trail map, and these are available for free or by donation. Other maps are available for purchase.
- Lake O’Hara Trails Club membership information and sign-up
- Trail, weather and wildlife information
- The annual Lake O”Hara Trails Club t-shirt
- Tickets for the annual Lake O’Hara art raffle.
Please note that all sales are by cash or cheque only, so plan ahead!
The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and would be happy to chat with you about your visit!